The benefits of using fuel distribution software for fleet fuel deliveries go well beyond just accurate accounting for gallons delivered. Yes, using software allows the driver to capture correct gallons delivered which results in reduced billing errors. Additional benefits include:
– Less driver time on site – the driver does not have to return to the meter to record gallons dispensed into each vehicle or tank. The software captures the gallons dispensed automatically so the driver can remain at the end of the hose and quickly move from asset to asset.
– Better recording of gallons delivered to each asset – By barcode labeling the assets to be filled, the software automatically records the gallons dispensed into each asset. Rather than invoicing only for total gallons at a stop, you are able to provide an itemization of gallons dispensed into every asset.
– Electronically capture the customer’s signature – This allows printing the signature on the Proof of Delivery and server-side storage for later recall.
– Print a detailed receipt at the customer location – the detailed receipt will show the asset, totalizer values, gallons dispensed, and the product.
– Prevent dispensing incorrect product – If the product does not match the configuration for the asset, the driver will be notified and prevented from dispensing the incorrect product.
What benefits does fuel distribution software provide to me as a business owner?
The business owner will see efficiency and monetary benefits from reduced driver time to fill assets. The customer experience will be improved as fuel distribution software allows new ways to service the customer. The software can automatically send an email to the customer when the driver is on the way to their location, provide a detailed list of gallons dispensed by asset, and a host of other ways to improve the customer experience.
Using bulk fuel distribution software also shortens the order to cash cycle. Once an order is completed, the data is quickly sent back to the server, which allows invoices to be sent immediately. There is no need to transcribe gallons delivered from the drivers order sheets.
Contact us to learn more about the benefits of fuel distribution software.