“Quality in a service or product is not what you put into it. It is what the customer gets out of it.” – Peter Drucker
Do your competitors offer a better delivery service? Do you show appreciation of your customers’ business in all facets of customer interaction – from order entry to scheduling, dispatch, delivery and invoicing. For distributors, your delivery drivers are the face of your company.
Your drivers are who your customers see each day. The impression your drivers make is key to your customer service.
Paper-based deliveries involve manual processes that are time consuming, prone to errors and costly to manage. While many companies still use paper tickets, imagine going to Walmart or Target and getting a receipt with hand written quantities for thousands of dollars of products.
What best-in-class distributors are doing
Compare that to a delivery where you sign a mobile device and get a receipt printed on the spot. The following are examples of what best in class distribution companies use:
- A handheld device to sign for their delivery, just like UPS and FedEx.
- A barcode scanner to quickly and accurately confirm what you deliver
- A printed receipt with your logo, transaction details, the person’s name who signed and their signature
- An email with a PDF copy of their delivery receipt
- Advanced email notifications of a scheduled delivery with the estimated arrival time
- A web portal that let’s them view and export deliveries to Excel. For metered customers, they can filter transactions by individual tank or truck.
- Get invoiced immediately with orders sent electronically to your invoicing application
If you would like to learn how BizSpeed helps deliver best in class customer service, contact us!