- HOSTED CUSTOMERS: Mobile App Update Tuesday Jan 4, 2022 @4am (device local time)
- Key updates
- FUEL customers.
- BOLs are auto-allocated. Drivers do not select or enter BOLs in the delivery screen. BOLs are allocated from what is loaded.
- FUEL customers.
- ON-PREMISE CUSTOMERS – this requires a MobileHub update.
A goRoam mobile app update is scheduled on BizSpeed hosted devices at 4am Jan 4(device local time).
The following updates are included:
- Auto-allocation of BOLs.
- The order line delivery form no longer shows the BOL. BOLs are automatically allocated on a FIFO (first in, first out) basis. If a BOL does not exist, it will be allocated to RETAIN. The current functionality still exists to automatically stop a metered delivery when a BOL is fully used and split to a new line for the next compatible BOL.
- If you have the configuration preference set to require BOLs, drivers need to ensure they perform a load. They will no longer be able to type a BOL# in the delivery form.
- Our goal for this change is to simplify driver workflows and remove confusion from drivers having to select BOLs.
- Add ability to adjust compartment inventory while the trip is in progress
- This is audited so any changes can be viewed on the server. The goal is to simplify questions from drivers when they enter incorrect load data and need to adjust inventory.
- Add ability to report a delivery issue while delivering
- This streamlines the workflow for recording events. Instead of getting out of delivery workflows and going to the order to record an event, drivers can record events inline in the delivery form (… more menu on top right). This helps dispatchers/customer service understand what happened during a delivery (lost meter conn, cars blocking access to tanks, etc.)
- Support for English and French language (can change in the settings screen or from the system languages).
- If a device is set to French, then goRoam uses French.
- Drivers can toggle languages in the settings screen.
- We will add Spanish in a future release.
- Support for multilingual POD receipts and certain reports (trip status reports)
- For manual deliveries, ask the driver what meter (s)he is using
- Added an order summary section to the Trip Summary page
- This enables drivers to see all stops and what products are on each stop in one form.
- Disambiguation when selecting among assets with the same barcode
- When converting from other mobile apps, some systems allow duplicate barcodes across customers. If this exists when scanning a barcode, we help the driver select the correct one.
- Miscellaneous bug fixes and performance improvements
- Fixed an issue with Copilot Commercial Navigation not moving the map during TBT navigation
- Updated to the latest CoPilot version.
You do not need to make any changes. The update will be staged and deployed at device local time. If the device is offline, it will install the next time it comes online.
On-premise customers – please contact us if you would like to install this update. It requires a MobileHub update.
goRoam is now in Apple and Google App Stores. We keep these versions updated to the most current version. If you are an on-premise customer, you are welcome to use these versions to test. Make sure drivers do not install app store versions if you are managing your own app distribution through SOTI or other MDM tools.