The goRoam mobile app for fuels, lubricants and chemicals delivery has gone through a major update in the second half of 2018. For hosted customers, we will upgrade your managed devices once you have trained your drivers. On-premise installations should update all mobile devices to the latest version of the 2018.10 release before updating your server and rolling out this version.
Note that all features are available on both iOS and Android versions, with the exception of Commercial Truck routes (Android only)
goRoam New Features
Commercial truck route navigation
– Our Android version of goRoam supports full North American and Canadian commercial truck routes using integrated CoPilot® navigation. You can configure truck profiles with the height, weight, length, axle weight, and HazMat restrictions of each of your delivery vehicles so drivers can navigate with efficient and compliant commercial routes. Stay tuned for iOS commercial route capability.
– Comply with supplier mandates and stop contamination before it happens. When delivering from compartments, you can configure a truck to require a barcode scan/match of the compartment, the product, and the asset(tank).
Out of band delivery alerts
– This is a great reason to have LCR integration. An automatic, system-generated email will be sent if a driver creates a sale in the LCR® meter outside of a goRoam inventory transaction (delivery, hose flush, etc.). The GPS coordinates, sale number, and total gallons are recorded and sent as an email. This audit happens behind the scenes so dispatchers can see when and where drivers are pumping product outside of a customer delivery.
LCR-600 register support
– In addition to the LCR-II electronic register, we now also support the LCR-600.
Configurable asset readings
– Think about how much it costs for a truck to make it to the point of delivery. Make the most of being there when delivering to tanks, vehicles or equipment. Drivers can record custom readings for any asset. For example, DEF, engine hours and grease for equipment and vehicles are recorded along with the delivered gallons. You can record any value for tanks, vehicles, and equipment, and then review them in a report. How many bottles of DEF did that asset use last month? How many gallons per mile/hour did that engine consume? Find out now.
PIN codes for drivers to deliver out of sequence
– If a driver needs to complete orders out of sequence on a trip, but you don’t want to allow this on a regular basis, you can require a one-time PIN code approved by a dispatcher for each order they want to deliver out of sequence. PIN codes force drivers to complete stops in your dispatched sequence while giving them the flexibility to react to unforeseen issues in the field.
PIN codes for drivers to manually deliver
– When a truck has electronic meters and the driver wants to go in manual mode to enter gallons from the meter, you can require them to get a one-time PIN code to proceed. The idea of PIN codes arose from the need for flexibility and control – you can have both. Look for more PIN code features in the future.
Categories when taking pictures
– Set up categories and require a description when taking pictures, so you know which pictures are BOLs, receipts, etc.
Rejected orders email
– If a driver rejects an order; we have an updated email handler to notify a dispatch group. You can easily set up custom rejection reasons such as – “missed the delivery window,” “customer closed,” “inclement weather.”
Capture GPS on assets when filling
– goRoam records and update for an asset’s GPS location when filling so that you find assets on a map. Find that lost tank or another portable asset. Share filling detail with customers.
Self-contained NEMA enclosure for meter support on trailers
– We have developed a new enclosure and mounting system that allows installing LCR meter integration on trailers. Our new enclosure keeps the meter integration with the trailer, not the truck.
- Streamlined workflow – The number of steps required to complete most operations is reduced. It now takes a little less time to start a trip, complete orders, capture meter values for manual delivery, setup and more.
- Scan to configure – Do you ever need to configure a spare handheld for a truck but can’t remember the meter address or server URL? Don’t worry! A 2D barcode is all that is needed to configure a handheld device. Scanning a barcode will pair to the truck’s Wi-Fi, connect to the server and company code. This new quick configuration option makes it easy to pair a new handheld or move devices between trucks so you can get back on the road.
- Pre-trip settings check – Before the driver starts a trip, the app runs through a series of checks to confirm connectivity to the server, meter, and printer BEFORE the truck leaves the yard. This prevents drivers from leaving the depot without a working device, printer or truck setup.
- Easier settings and diagnostics – the settings screen has been streamlined to make it easier to check the configuration and run diagnostics.
In addition to these updates, we have a significant release scheduled for early 2019 that includes:
- Web-based dispatch status board – We are moving the trip status board to a web browser so it looks good on a desktop, tablet or mobile device. It shows the status of trips by date and depot. The web-based status board is perfect for dispatch and customer service to see the status of trips. Put it on a large interactive touch screen monitor in the office!
- In-app chat – Chat from within goRoam and the Mob mechanism for drivers to chat with dispatchers or dispatchers to chat with drivers. Now dispatchers can communicate with multiple drivers at once, there will be a record of all conversations and without the need for phone calls and drivers lining up in the office.