Gravity drops in metered workflow
You may have certain situations when you want to deliver fuel via the loading port (gravity drop), even though you are using a metered vehicle. Gravity drops do not go through the meter, but we still need to keep track of the inventory.
Use the following preference to allow specific products to be delivered via gravity (manual) or metered delivery. When set, the driver has the option on the mobile via an icon to “deliver manually”.
- This setting allows bulk products to be delivered via gravity drops, meaning they DO NOT go through the meter and will not show in the meter totalizer calculations.
- An example would be a tank wagon the delivers some fuel to underground tanks using the loading ports and not the meter. This tracks inventory but does not count against the totalizer.
- Add the list of itemIDs, separated by a pipe delimiter ‘|’.
- For each item that can be delivered by gravity drop, edit the item and set the itemGroupName = one in the list. For example, set the Item Group to ‘FUEL’ .
- NOTE: this setting means these item groups are eligible for gravity drop. The option will appear to on the mobile for items that match.