We have started beta testing the update to our goRoam.BulkDelivery software for bulk, packaged and metered delivery. This is a significant upgrade as we have integrated into our current goRoam mobile application framework. It streamlines operations for delivery drivers and provides workflow specific to the type of product delivered. We’ve tested extensively in-house and are in the process testing on-site with existing customers. Key features of the update include:
- Integration into the goRoam mobile app based on Microsoft’s SmartClient framework. This provides strong inter-module integration, so bulk deliveries are integrated with inspections (additional module).
- Upgrades to the current version of SQL Server CE on the mobile device for faster data access, such as looking up customer assets.
- Significantly enhanced inventory management on bulk trucks. We support tracking retained products and pump-offs so you can better understand and match inventory versus strictly delivered product.
- More metrics – we now track how long each asset takes to fuel so you can get better driver metrics at a detail versus aggregate (avg time per asset to fuel).
- Improved workflow and user interface, including use of finger friendly controls. We have eliminated the need to do horizontal scrolling, so a driver can see everything on one page or can scroll with fingers or the keypad keys.
- Faster meter integration with LCR-II registers and better visual indicators on meter status.
- Streamlined workflow so drivers see forms based on the line item they are delivering. For packaged delivery, they see packaged specific data. For bulk products, we differentiate between metered and non-metered as well as the type of asset being filled. For example, on tanks we show tank readings and can force the readings. On vehicles/engines we support odometer or hour readings.
- Simultaneous dual meter pumping – drivers can pump from two LCR-II or other meters at the same time.
- Better background synchronization – we use a full queuing system that detects network connectivity and syncs automatically when a device is connected via cellular, wifi or cradle.
The updated module will be available by the end of June 2011.
|Main menu||Route list with easy to view summary of each stop||Post-trip tracking of retained product and pump-off|