The wholesale petroleum distribution industry is always under pressure to be operationally efficient because margins are so thin. The opportunities for improvement depend on the type of distribution, from a transport company/jobber, to propane, home heating oil or wethosing.
Our wholesale fuels distribution solution helps optimize last mile logistics and improve your customer service. While our system supports transport which primarily involves full truck load deliveries, the bigger opportunity lies with last mile delivery using tank wagons.
Giving a driver 4500 gallons of product and asking them to write down where they went and what they delivered on a piece of paper is simply not a process that supports improvement.
What gets measured gets managed.
Our system helps:
- Automate dispatch by helping dispatchers understand how much product is planned for a truck, and how many miles and hours are planned for a trip.
- Track planned versus actual miles, hours and products.
- Optimize routes
- Know when meters are used outside of customer deliveries.
- Track inventory on your trucks.
- Improve accuracy by scanning barcodes.
- Reduce wet hosing time by 1-2 minutes per asset by controlling LCR meters.
- Prevent contamination by ensuring the product being delivered is compatible with the scanned asset, so you don’t put diesel into a gas vehicle.
- Improve customer confidence because you scanned a barcode and controlled deliveries electronically versus writing from a driver.
- Report on key metrics, such as gallons delivered/mile, plan vs actual, ordered vs delivered, and much more.