goRoam supports bulk and packaged lubricants and chemicals workflows in the same mobile app. goRoam is used by the largest lubricants distributors in the US and is specifically configured to support advanced features for lubes and chemicals distributors.
goRoam supports iOS and Android devices.
If you’re delivering bulk products, you can send tank/asset info to the mobile app and require the driver to either scan a tank or select from a list of compatible assets at that customer location.
Each asset can be configured for specific asset readings, so if you deliver to a tank, the app can request tank info like before and after stick readings, water level, and % full. Stick readings can be used to confirm the quantity delivered, and if you tank strappings, they can be used as an optional calculation for the quantity of product delivered.
When a driver scans an asset, the system compares the category/class of product being delivered with the tank category, so you can’t cross-fill or contaminate tanks. This is a 3-way match to ensure compatibility.
The workflow allows drivers to enter the quantity delivered and an optional backorder quantity for packaged goods. If items are back-ordered, an email can be sent to dispatchers at a per-depot level. For large fleets, this is important because depots only receive information specific to their depot.
Like our other goRoam configurations, the lubricants solution provides the following:
- Electronic signature capture
- Email delivery receipts to customers
- LCR electronic meter integration
- Compartment-level verification to prevent cross-fills or contamination
- Maps and directions to customers, including commercial truck navigation (optional)
- Auto-dial customer phone number
- Pre-delivery notifications to customers to know when the driver will arrive
- Real-time status board shows dispatch the driver is on-site, and when they have finished the delivery
- Realtime monitoring of inventory on the truck
- Realtime tracking to see the truck on a map
- Manual meter integration for mechanical meters – still supported with barcode scanning
- Printed mobile receipts with a customizable template – show COD order prices, add disclaimers, etc.
The following video shows bulk lubricant delivery using our iOS app. This is the exact same functionality across iOS and Android. This is the same workflow for bulk chemicals such as bleach (sodium hypochlorite).