End of Product Life Cycle: Overview
As technology continues to evolve, BizSpeed may choose to discontinue selling and servicing some products. This End of Life (EOL) process is an essential part of the product life cycle, especially for technology-based products.
Products reach the end of their Product Life Cycle for several reasons, including:
- Market demands and drivers.
- New technology that better addresses the market.
- Lack of availability of 3rd party components and systems.
- Lack of availability of support resources.
As part of our overall product life cycle management, BizSpeed recognizes that companies need to review how end-of-life milestones impact BizSpeed’s products in their organization. Please use this document as a guide to our policies so that you can manage end-of-life transition and to understand the role BizSpeed can play to help migrate to new technologies that we offer.
The general policy guidelines are:
- As a general rule, BizSpeed will provide six months’ notice of the affected product’s end-of-sale date or the last day when the affected Product can be ordered. This notice will appear on the bizspeed.com site under “Support.” We encourage you to visit this site regularly as it contains useful information regarding BizSpeed’s end-of-life program. Sign up at the site to receive notifications.
- Access to BizSpeed’s Support Services will be available according to your subscribed support contract. Standard support is during normal business hours, with extended support and 24x7x365 support as optional subscriptions or annual agreements. These support options will be available while a software or hardware product is in ‘active support.’
- Spares or replacement parts for hardware will be available based on manufacturer support. For Hardware-as-a-Service (HaaS) customers where BizSpeed provides the complete hardware and software solution, support will be available during all active contracts. We will provide spares and replacement parts following our Return Materials Authorization (RMA) process. If the manufacturer no longer supports a hardware device (e.g. printer, barcode scanner, meter controller), BizSpeed may substitute a similar replacement at BizSpeed’s discretion.
- You need to ensure you have a current and fully paid support contract with BizSpeed. Please contact your Account Manager regarding fees payable during the end-of-life period so that we can support you right through the end-of-life transition period.
- Below are guidelines that should be followed to ensure that you receive effective support for the affected products:
- For hardware or software that is not covered under a service contract, customers may add the product(s) to a current contract or purchase a new contract until 12 months after the end-of-sale date.
- Service contracts that have not been renewed or have lapsed after 12 months of end-of-sale date are not renewable.
- Renewal of your service contract will generally be available until the last year of support, but will not extend beyond the last date of support.
End of Product Life Cycle: Process
- End of Sale: The last date BizSpeed can deliver a BizSpeed Product. During the period between End of Life announcement and End of Sale (typically 90 days), orders will be fulfilled on a first-come, first-serve basis, subject to availability of inventory.
- End of Software Maintenance: The last date that BizSpeed issues maintenance releases or bug fixes for a BizSpeed Product. After this date, BizSpeed will no longer develop, repair, maintain, or test new software versions for the Product. BizSpeed provides current software maintenance for products within two years of their release.
- End of Support: The last date customers can receive service and support for a BizSpeed Product, such as hardware repair and replacement, software updates, and phone and email support. Once a BizSpeed Product has reached End of Support, the Product will be considered End of Life and will not be repaired, replaced, or otherwise supported. BizSpeed targets end of support for products within three years of their release.
What this means for customers
Customers should keep maintenance agreements current and keep Application Software updated to within the last 2 years of a supported version.
Software that is not within the current Software Maintenance or Software Support window should be replaced with current BizSpeed products. Contact your BizSpeed Support Manager to procure BizSpeed Professional Services to upgrade to a supported version or update to currently supported Products.
Product Lifecycle Notices
|goRoam.Mobile Delivery App v2017 or earlier – Windows Mobile||End of Support – 9/1/2019|
|SiteSupervisor Application Server – v2016.x||End of Maintenance – 1/1/2018
End of Support – 1/1/2019
|MobileHub Application Server – all versions||End of Maintenance – 2 years from the release date
End of Support – 3 years from the release date