Adding Orders in the Field
You can enable drivers to add orders in the field. There are 2 types of orders – ones that are already created and not assigned to a trip, and ones where the driver is at a customer and creates a new order for that specific customer.
To allow drivers to add orders from the order well:
- Set a preference “ALLOW_ADD_STOPS_FROM_ORDER_WELL” with a value of “true,” making sure to check the “Used on Mobile” box, and save the changes
- Set a preference “MOBILE_ORDER_WELL_TIME_HORIZON” with an integer number of days to look ahead/behind for adding orders in the field. A default is 5 so it will look ahead 5 days for orders matching that order number.
- Edit the user and set the “Assoc. Site” value for the drivers to their “home” depot.
- Edit customers and set the “Serviced By Depot” to match the “Site ID” on your depots to indicate which depot services each customer
To allow drivers to add new orders in the field:
- Set a preference Preference FUEL_SALES_ALLOW_NEW_ORDER = true.
This will let drivers ‘add a stop’ from their trip list on the mobile device.