A customer should be created for each address or unique location you deliver to or visit. If one customer has many locations, then create a customer for each location and assign them the same parent account number.
A few notes on customers:
- The ship to name is the name that drivers will see when making deliveries.
- You can enter one or many emails to have receipts emailed to customers. Separate emails with a semi colon if there are more than one email recipients.
- All customers should be geocoded in order to support routing and mapping. You don’t have to geocode a customer, but we strongly recommend it.
- Use the billing and shipping tab to enter the customer address.
- Use the account tab to enter the customer account number and if they are associated with a parent account, enter that number.
- Use the delivery hours to denote the hours the customer is available for service.