There are 3 keys components to dispatching:
- Trips – set of loads and orders assigned to a truck and driver
- Orders – the actual customer locations and products to be delivered or picked up
- Loads – what the driver does to put inventory on his truck
To create a trip, click the ‘Trips’ link on the left and ‘create new’ button on the top right.
Once in the trip form:
- Type or lookup the planned vehicle. When you tab out of this field, the system will generate a tripcode. This is in the format ‘assetID yyyymmdd-#’ where yyyy is year, mm is month, dd is day. If there is more than one trip for that asset today, it will append -# where the number is 1, 2, etc.
- Enter the scheduled date as the date the trip is scheduled to start.
- The other fields like started data, ended date, actual vehicle etc will be filled in when the driver starts the trip on the mobile device.
- The pre and post trip tab will be populated from data entered by the driver on the mobile device.
To add orders, click the orders tab.
- Add existing order – this is to assign an order from another trip or one that has not been assigned
- New order – to create a new order
If a customer is calling to get product delivered, click new order.
To edit the order:
- Type the customer name or a partial match and tab out of the control. If you enter a unique match, it will lookup the customer and ask if you want to copy the last order. If it does not find a unique match, you will see a list of customers to search/match.
- Enter the ETA and ETD as the time you expect the driver to arrive and depart the order location. The ETA is used to sort the stops for the driver.
- Other fields, like the RTA and RTD (real time arrival / depart) are populated from the mobile device.
- Enter special instructions if you have instructions like a gate code for the driver. These will show up on the order page on the mobile device.
Once you click ‘save’ the other tabs will display. Click the ‘details’ page to enter products to deliver.
- Click ‘new order detail’ to add items to the order
- Right click if you need to remove an item from the order
- Double click to open the detail edit form.
- Type the product or a partial match in the Item field. If the item is found, it will populate the other fields. If not, a search dialog for items will appear.
- The UOM field determines if an item is a bulk or package item. Bulk UOMs are usually Gal, G, Gallon, Liter, L, etc.
- Enter the qty in the ordered field
- The other values like gross and net qty delivered will be populated by the mobile device
- The stick readings tab shows stick readings for tank deliveries
- The detail inventory tab shows quantities delivered for assets under this detail. For example, fleet fueling or lubes tanks, or equipment.