Reference data setup
Users must be setup in order to get their trips. See the admin section.
Terminals are locations where you load product onto your truck. Terminals can be 3rd party or they can be your depots. Access this from the terminal list.
For each terminal, enter the ID and name at a minimum.
Depots are the sites where your vehicle are located. Each truck you dispatch should be assigned to a home depot (site). Access the depot list and edit from the link on the menu.
Suppliers are vendors from whom you purchase product. For fuels, vendors would be Shell, Valero, etc. For lubes, you can have similar suppliers but you would also list your own company as a supplier so you can record what you load from your inventory, too.
Access the suppliers (vendors) from the link on the left.
Note that if a supplier is a fuel supplier, you must explicitly check that in their list of specialties.
Truck and Trailers
The list of assets includes your trucks, trailers, equipment etc. as well as customers. In order to dispatch your trucks and trailers, you need to:
- Assign to a site (depot).
- For metered vehicles or trailers, you need to tag the asset as a ‘METERED_VEHICLE’. This will create workflow on the mobile device to use meters when delivering bulk products.
Notes on the asset edit form:
- The asset ID is your unique ID, per asset.
- The external Asset ID is used for you to reference the asset in other systems, such as a Fixed Assets module
- The serial number is the barcode we affix to scan and recognize the asset. This needs to be UNIQUE.