Scheduled jobs are programs that run on a schedule that you define. Typical jobs include sending email, exporting orders, etc.
Access scheduled jobs from the admin menu. You can see if a job is enabled and the last time it ran.
To add or edit a job, double click or ‘create new’.
Keys to the job setup:
- Jobs must be enabled and have a start time.
- Leave the end time unchecked if you want to run perpetually.
- If you want to run a job immediately, click ‘run now’. It will be marked for execution and run within a minute or so.
- To view history and status, use the history tab.
Keys to scheduling a job:
- Mouse over the minutes, hours, days fields to see the format
- To run a job every hour on the hour, enter a 0 in the minutes and * in the hours.
- To run a job every 30 minutes, enter ‘0, 30’ in the minutes and * in the hours.