You’re a snow plow driver. Instead of receiving a route on paper, imagine getting into the cab and turning on your GPS unit. You simply select your route and the GPS navigates to each turn AND lists your instructions like ‘salt left lane’.
BizSpeed’s Navigation Service for Routes makes it easy for public works and snow plow companies to get your routes on a Garmin GPS. You simply scan, fax or email us your routes. We’ll convert the routes into an electronic route for your GPS units. We can pre-load and send the routes on an SD card, or you can download them from our goRoam SaaS service. We even provide map files so you can view your routes on a map, like the one shown below.
With our Garmin based solution, you can:
- Move from paper to mobile forms
- Get turn-by-turn directions
- Not have to stop and read paper directions for turns and instructions (salt, sand, etc.)
- View the route on a map
- Simulate driving the route
- Get the route distance and estimated drive time
- Have all routes analyzed and run through our route optimization analysis to see if you can reduce the total miles and time
The Garmin solution is low cost and easy to use. When you’re ready to add more capabilities like wireless dispatch, inspections, 2-way messaging and GPS tracking, you can move up to our goRoam product that runs on rugged terminals like the Motorola MC55 and Intermec CN50.
You can request a quote for our services to build this, or you can send the request for a how to guide so you can build it yourself. The book is titled “Municipal Routing with Garmin® GPS Unit. The how to Book.”