If you’re still using paper tickets for your fuel delivery system, you’re at risk of losing your competitive advantage to companies that have switched to paperless ticketing measures for on-site fueling.
The hidden costs of paper delivery tickets
Your employees are used to writing out paper tickets. Since they have come to view this as a routine part of the job, they may not think about the time it takes to write out the ticket or the likelihood of introducing errors into the system by writing the wrong information. Paperless tickets aren’t just a way to be eco-conscious, they save time and effort and are a critical part of streamlining operations.
Benefits of switching to electronic delivery tickets
While customers expect electronic tickets as a sign of professionalism, this is not the only benefit to switching from paper to an electronic ticketing system. Additional benefits include:
- Electronic receipts are more accurate.
- There is less labor for drivers, since they do not have to re-key the same data twice, once in the field and once on the invoice.
- The average time saved is 1 minute per vehicle with on-site fleet fueling. This breaks to a time savings of over an hour a day per driver.
- Since metered fuel and metered lubes delivery receipts are sent immediately, there is no lost paperwork and no delay in invoicing. Over time, this reduces DSO rates.
- Dispatchers can review driver location and order status in real-time, to track driver progress throughout the day and alert customers to delays.
- Metered fuel delivery drivers no longer have to make phone calls while driving to give dispatch trip and order updates, because this information is automatically in the system. This benefits efficiency and safety.
- Paperless fuel ticketing increases transparency across operations.
How electronic ticketing systems work
If you’ve ever signed for a UPS package, you’ve used an electronic signature capturing system. We offer the same technology for onsite fueling systems. With a handheld unit, drivers can easily check fuel type, enter fuel price, bill tickets for refueling charges, and collect client signatures. Since all information is then entered into the system, central dispatch has at-a-glance operations oversight.
If you deliver fuels and lubes, you need paperless ticketing to improve efficiency, productivity, and on-the-job safety. Call us today to learn more about how your enterprise system can benefit your business.